Repair of plank table
Has your table developed patina, scratches or scuffs?
If your plank table has developed a patina from daily use that you cannot accept, fear not.
Scratches and scuffs on the wood can easily be removed with the help of some sandpaper.
Guide to minor scratches, scuffs & stains
1. Sand away scratches and stains with 80-grit sandpaper, sanding in the direction of the wood grain.
2. Next, sand the entire tabletop with 120-grit sandpaper, also sanding in the direction of the wood grain.
3. Give the table an oil treatment.
Has your plank table acquired larger scratches?
If the scratches are deeper than 1 millimeter, you can quite easily & quickly repair them with a bit
of wood putty (plastic wood). You can follow our guide nelow to restore your table's appearance.
Guide to larger scratches & cracks
1. Gently sand the scratch with sandpaper to remove any unevenness.
2. Then, apply some wood putty to the crack to fill the depression.
Use a putty knife to remove excess putty from the crack.
3. Let it dry for 5 minutes. Afterward, be attentive to whether the putty has slightly sunk
- if so, apply another layer of putty.
4. Sand over the crack with coarse sandpaper, and move it across the filled crack.
5. Finally, sand the crack with fine-grit sandpaper (220), sanding in the direction of the wood grain.
Give the repaired area an oil treatment.
Has your table acquired wind scratches or loose wood?
If your table has wind scratches, you can sand the table until it is smooth. If there is some loose wood,
it may be necessary to lift the wood slightly and apply regular wood glue underneath it.
Guide for wind scratches or loose wood on your tabletop?
1. Apply regular wood glue underneath the loose wood.
2. Place the repair under pressure and stack something heavy on top. Allow the glue to dry for 12 hours.
3. Sand the table until it is completely smooth, and then give it an oil treatment.
Have condensation rings appeared on the wood?
White condensation rings can be effectively removed using the above guide. However, in some cases,
they can also be removed by using a hot air hairdryer or an iron with a towel in between.
Need help assembling your plank table or installing a frame?
Below, you can find our manuals and assembly instructions for chairs, plank tables, and frames.
Find the manuals here